Sunday, November 7, 2010

A-Ville Weekend


A nice weekend off the bike, hanging out with some friends in Asheville. Lisa and I met up with Tejal at Curtis' old shop, Motion Makers on Saturday AM for the bikerumor schwag toss. With the luck of the draw, I happened to race Tejal in one of the slow races, and won (the prize was a Cane Creek headset that should be here sometime later this week). Lisa lost her slow race, but still scored me a Verge baselayer from Biowheels. Overall, I walked out of there with a baselayer, a t-shirt, a Cane Creek headset, three tubs of chamois butter, a plethora of stickers and the satisfaction of having won a bike race...albeit a slow one.




We also spent some time at the Biltmore, ate out a few times at some great restaurants downtown, hung out at the Grove Park Inn, and just generally enjoyed time off of work/school. Great weekend with my best friend!

2 comments:

Brad said...

GROVE PARK INN!!! Their buffet rocks!

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

Lisa and I are hoping to figure out some way to stay there for our anniversary...that place was unreal!