Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pilot



It seems the standard is becoming Saturday morning rides from my place. With Lisa graciously baking for us everytime we ride from here, no one seems to want to upset the balance! Today's riders; Jim, Mitch, Whit, and myself. We headed out an alternate way to get to Pilot, which included one of my local favorites, Bowens Road. We hit Pilot pretty hard, I'm guessing somewhere in the 16's probably. I was able to keep Jim and Mitch in sight all the way to the top. I actually felt pretty decent on the climb, normally I get dropped like crazy. We regrouped at the top, made quick work of a pepsi and mello yellow and descended back down. We chose to include Pinnacle Hotel and Mt. Zion on the way back. Mt. Zion is a great road, pretty tough, and Mitch was setting a blistering pace. Back onto Spainhour Mill and we ran into another cyclist, Shaka! He tagged along for the remainder of the ride down Donnaha and up Reynolda. Back to my place for some brownies and cookies...all was right with the world!

No comments: