Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Morning Westwood Ride



Westwood, in Mount Airy, is one of my favorite local places to ride. It reminds me alot of Pisgah in the fact that it has many steep sections with some pretty techy roots involved. It's probably the most tech place within an hour or so of Winston, but it seems to seldom get ridden. It is an incredibly rare sight to see anyone else out there riding, which is a shame because the trails really are a blast to ride!

I decided to take out the Redline singlespeed because as of late, the Fisher and I have not been working well together. Tubeless issues, drivetrain issues, brake issues...it is making me lean more and more towards simplicity....perhaps by the end of the season I will be riding singlespeed exclusively. Perhaps even rigid as well. I'm trying to stay motivated to try to prepare for the coming up in about a week and a half. I've been riding road bikes quite a bit as of late, which is not like me. The past few rides on my mountain bike have been frustrating just trying to work kinks out of the Paragon. Also, living in a city with limited MTB riding opportunities and gas being $4 a gallon, the road bike seems to make more sense....that's hard to say....

I've been working on getting the self timer mode on my camera figured out, which can lead to some bizarre pictures like;

legs only


or, as I am getting ready to put it back into the camelbak...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should have left out the "west" in morning westwood ride.

-uptuck-