Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shop Ride

Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:41:06
Distance (mi ) 28.47
Moving Speed (mph)16.9 avg.
Elevation Gain (ft) +2,170 / -2,082

Every Wednesday night, the shop has a group road ride that is billed as a, "recovery ride." The ride starts out at a pretty chill pace headed out into Lewisville. Once in Lewisville, we start three laps of a pretty well-known, enjoyable loop. The first two laps are relatively tame, only averaging maybe 16mph. The third lap ramps up the pace into the 23-25mph range and is a pure sufferfest. Towards the end of the lap there is a nice little sprint that my legs can never manage. At the very end of the lap though, my legs pay off on a nice little climb that everyone kind of pins it going up. I can usually manage about 5th or 6th on the sprint, pretty shameful. The last climb though, I have a bit better chance of hanging and it is usually Scott, Mitch, myself and a couple of others working hard at the end. There were quite a few people out enjoying the great weather tonight, maybe 25 or so on the ride, very cool! Anyways, here are a few pics from the ride tonight.
Me and Andrew hanging out at the shop before the ride
Mitch(hand waving) and Scott (in blue, leaning in) enjoying the ride

Post ride meal, my awesome wife had lemon dill salmon, broccoli, squash and peppers ready for me when I got home....yes!

Night ride the other day at Tanglewood, just for good measure...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro I'm coming to your house to eat some of that cookin!

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

I know not who left this comment, but there has been talk of some summer rides from my house to pilot and back only to have a bbq afterwards...giddyup!