Saturday, September 18, 2010

HodgePodge Loop

After my failed attempts to get anyone to go do a mountain bike ride with me over on the CLM blog, I caved and opted for a skinny-tired ride. I talked with Mitch, and decided to meet him at Pacilini and ride with the Cycletherapy crew. After just a few miles with the crew, we decided to strike out on our own and hit some of the Pfafftown Pyrennes.


Mitch had made mention at one point of an apple festival going on in Bethabara, and we were now close...so obviously we had no choice but to ride over there...


We each got a piece of apple pie from a vendor there that is based in Hendersonville, NC. The farm was a family owned deal called Creasman's. The pie was spectacular!

After we consumed the manna from heaven, we continued on the ride feeling slightly slower...I wonder why? We ended up riding through Wake Forest, then onto the city loop and into downtown. Rock the Block is going on today, so we checked it out, then hit up Old Salem and back the remainder of the city loop. Mitch declared today, "one of the funnest days on the bike in a while." Love that I can be a part of that every once in a while, good days.

No comments: