Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back to Reality


So after a short ride in Pisgah on Sunday, I had to head home and back to reality. This week brings long days at work/class and just altogether business. With class on Monday and Thursday, parent-teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday, and the GRE on Friday, I'm not going to be on the bike much. But, the end is in sight; a good ride is being planned for Saturday, and a rendevouz with E is in the near future with a ride planned for Sunday.

The GRE and applications to some universities in the area are going out; I've been having the sinking feeling of mediocrity of late. Though the path ahead of me isn't set in stone and I'm not sure where it leads, I do know that it likely leads me away from my comfort zone that I have established over the last five years at my current job. I find my life seems to be increasingly tied to a metaphor of cycling, or at least through cycling painted glasses. The path I am headed on is a new trail yet unexplored, or a new road not ridden.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Nice blog! I like your photos. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.