Wednesday, March 30, 2011

11 Days

11 days out 'til Battenkill, and I am getting the tingly all over feeling of pre-race jitters before my last few training rides. It's way early to get this feeling, however it does send my level of annoyance to people around me to an all time high.

The training rides of late have been pretty horrible, and haven't left me with much in the tank as far as spending time on here with ride reports. This lack of energy, and the lack of my ability to take photos on these rides manifests itself in an infrequently updated blog. In one of my less than admirable moments the other night I had all forms of mucus leaving my face, and poor Erich was in my contrail. Most unfortunate. With all of the required suffering from these training rides, it is all in the hopes of being with the lead group at this point:



50ish miles in at Meeting House Road, a horrendous climb that is as mentally taxing as it is physically. The ability to see so far and see a wall of a climb ahead of you like this one, especially since the surface is gravel, would make anyone fancy a picnic on the side of the road.

I realize that this is a wholeheartedly "meh" of a blog post, but in addition to actually training, I have some new things on my plate that may require some sizeable changes in my life. The decision weighs heavy on my mind, and I've found myself on more than one occasion, staring blankly at an inanimate object in the middle of a conversation. Pensively caught in reflection and, perhaps, in a new direction. More to come on that subject later, but hopefully I'll get news in the next couple of days that will make it much easier.

No comments: