Monday, September 5, 2011

Pisgah Weekend Pt. 3


Brad and I had planned to stay until today, but with the tropical storm coming in and the promise of rain all night and all day, we decided to call it quits a day early. We wanted to get in a ride Sunday morning, but with Brad still sore from his wreck on Avery, we needed to find something a bit more tame...Bent Creek!

Definitely evidence of our black-furred friends of the forest



To be honest, I have no idea what all trails we rode, but we ended up with about a three hour loop. I know I catered the loop as much as possible to what Curtis had taken me on before he moved to DC, so of course we hit Greenslick. Aside from that descent, another highlight was the hardtimes connector...who knew such a short trail could have so many berms...sick!





AND, for those that are interested...the flyfishing portion of this trip resulted in zero fish to hand. Perhaps it has to do something with the fact that I haven't been since the last time Brad and I went to Pisgah. It's been too long, and don't be surprised now if you see some trout over the next few weeks!

No comments: