Monday, October 24, 2011

Jasper!




Ever since I had to put Arwen down a few years ago, I was hesitant about getting another dog for myself. The bond followed by having to see her suffering like she did was terrible. But with Lorien being such a spaz, we decided that she needed a companion to help her expend more energy. After some research, and some thinking towards other future outdoor pursuits I decided on getting a pointer. I looked around for a while trying to find a reputable breeder and was able to find one (oddly enough) about twenty minutes away. Jasper is a German Shorthaired Pointer and is just under ten weeks old and about 11lbs. I'll be posting up some other photos and some details about training over the next while. I really hope to train him for what he was bred for...hunting quail and pheasant. Perhaps I can bring a bit more to the dinner table this way too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pup!