Friday, October 14, 2011

Stone Mtn Fishing



four legged creature and I went fishing this morning at Stone Mountain. In the few hours on the stream, I was able to bring about 12-14 to hand, the largest of which was a twelve inch rainbow. The highlight of the day came when I heard a loud splashing in the hole up above where I was fishing. In my mind I expected to look up and see one of the geriatric fishermen lumbering about in the hole, but lo and behold, this jerkface of a deer had muddled up my next hole!

Curses be upon you nature!

After the fishing, the dog was begging to go for a hike, so we set out and ran into about a bazillion other people who had the same idea. Though it can be unsettling to see so many out on the trails, it's also good to see so many outdoors. With the colors starting to pop here in NC, who can blame them?

No comments: