Saturday, August 11, 2012

Doubleshot Doublehump


When I woke up this morning, the prospects for a ride looked dismal at best.  Cloudy and rainy at the house...so without a whole lot of thought, when I got the text from Mitch saying he was out, I went back to bed.  After slumber, the day looked brighter, so I decided to head north and do the Doubleshot road loop along with a climb of Sauratown.  Coming down Moore's Springs Road, I had a Tacoma pull up alongside, and lo and behold, a light shone down from heaven and Dudley appeared.  I figured that he was heading to MST to do some trailwork or get in a mtb ride.  With some quick deliberation, I decided to forgo the stop at the campground and head up to Hanging Rock.  I made it up in pretty decent time (for me), and headed back to the campground.  I stopped and shot the breeze for a few with Dudley and Tony, then headed back up Moore's Springs Road to climb Sauratown.  I took a few photos with the crappy iPod:

View from the top of Mickey Road, Brown Mountain in the distance. 


Dudley, rocking the Autodrop Invitational Jersey that Sean made for the MST crew last year. 


No comments: