Monday, May 19, 2008

First Frame!!

I finally finished the drawing for my first frame build! It took much longer than I originally thought. There are so many things that go into designing a custom frame. A very complex balance between frame geometry, tubing and frame part choice, and of course aesthetics. Here is a pic of my working drawing and tube set.


eAs you can see my living room is being converted by this process, luckily I have a supportive wife. This frame is going to be a fixie mostly for commuting and grocery getting. My nex project will be a custom 29'er for my wife. I am also slowly working up Ideas for next years team bikes.

Tomorrow Ryan and I are heading up to do a couple of laps at Dark Mountain. I love that place! Hopefully I will get some ride pics posted from that and I keep updated on progress on the frame.

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

Hey Steve,
Just wanted to let you know that I linked you on my blog. I hope you are having a good week, and good luck on your frames! Love you and can't wait to see you and Kiki in one week and four days (and no, I am not counting) for vacation!
Ashlie