Friday, March 6, 2009

Hanging Rock Ride

Today after school I was able to make it out to Hanging Rock to get a nice road loop in. Short, but with plenty of climbing! I parked at the top, made the 40mph descent to the bottom and continued on over to Danbury where I took this picture of the old courthouse.


After finding a place to turn around, I stopped to take some pictures, then headed back to the park. On the way back I stopped to take a few photos, one of which was this one of the backside of the mountain.

I made the climb back up to the top with quite a bit of suffering and wheezing. I rode around at the top, headed up to the campsites and then back over to the lake where I took this photo.


Also, at the top, there was still evidence of this weeks snowfall, even though it was probably about 70 degrees.


No comments: