Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Salem Lake

A cool sign over one of the entrances to the graveyard in Old Salem

One of many old houses in Old Salem

A pretty Pansy (I think) that was blooming downtown

More proof that I am not an artist, apparently a whole mess of ladders qualifies as art... ???


After so much rain this past weekend, it's been hard to justify a ride on my mountain bike until today. 70 degrees sunny, ang beautiful! I decided the trails were probably still a little wet so, to Salem Lake greenway I go. Looped around the lake, headed through Old Salem, and into downtown and back. A fun ride, just to kind of work some kinks out of the bike, make sure everything is running the way it should. About 16 miles in just over an hour, with about 900 feet of climbing, not bad for the first time out with the Superfly!

No comments: