Tuesday, December 29, 2009

City Loop After Hours

Five of us decided to man up tonight and brave the cold. I rolled into the parking lot unfashionably late and saw a Subaru with a crowd stationed at the back. Interesting. What could be amiss? It was none other than CLM member Mitch and wife Amy and new honorary four-legged CLM member, Fletcher! Poor Fletcher reminded me of Lorien...shivering in the cold.

After the excitement of the canine variety, Erich, Chancey, Sirena, Kristin, and myself took off in the reverse direction. When we got to the West End, we decided to head up Summit. Mmm, Summit. Around the block, and Erich and I decided to hit up Brookstown. On the cruise back around West End Boulevard, Erich drop kicked a raccoon that was trying to throw sticks in our spokes. Erich's move was Matrix-esque...amazing! We regrouped at Mock Orange where I snapped these photos:

Kristin having immense amounts of fun!


No, I'm not checking the pits for stench, covering the lamphead. Erich....who knows?


We finished up the ride through Reynolda Village, Polo, and Peace Haven. With temps in the mid to upper twenties, the requisite warming of the toes in front of the fire:

3 comments:

Erich said...

that raccoon gave me el mal de ojo!

bicycle spaniard said...

Great time on the bike. I think it stopped being cold after that third hill...

E-rich said...

that's the spirit!