Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tanglewood Cross Races

Myself along with some of the other Mafia members made our way to Tanglewood this afternoon to watch CLM members Chancey and Sirena race. Both did very well, Sirena was doing extremely well until a crash and dropped chain had her fall back a couple of spots.


Chancey looked like he was having a ton of fun while he was out there, at the end though, I snapped this photo


The pro race was excellent, Travis Livermon was able to pull off a victory by about 30 seconds...he was tearing it up. Alex did well too, especially considering he had two flats. A few of Travis and the field:




In the CX4 Race, CLM friend Kristin was racing and having a blast. He was rocking some beer in his jersey. He tried to do a hand off to Sirena, but ended up paying for it...



Dude is awesome, he handed off a beer to one of the other racers, but the dude handed it back. I wonder what the other guy thought?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A good friend of mine. He always is a giving person. Beer? That one even surprised me. No matter where he is...it is the place to be. Even with the crash...I know he would do it again....after all...these beers aren't going to drink themselves.

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

Kristin is an awesome dude, he undoubtedly is a cyclist who loves the sport.

bicycle spaniard said...

Wow. thanks for noting me in your blog. My shoulder is still smarting from the fall (it hurts just looking at that picture!), but it was all in fun. Good stuff.

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

Kristin, I was wondering the other day, how's the shoulder?

bicycle spaniard said...

Thanks for asking. Yeah, it is still hurting a bit. The doc told me to wait it out a couple more weeks and come back in if it doesn’t get better. My wife keeps making a face that I read to say “What has that buffoon done now?” anytime I grouse about it. So, I just hunker down and keep quiet.