Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Salvation found in Erich's Hindquarters...



Pre-ride ridiculousness. No, my blog world friends, Erichs hindquarters are not the saviour of the world, the halo of light from said hind parts are a blinkie tail light. I, too, was drawn like a moth to a flame...all for nought.

Erich and I made last minute plans to get out for a spin tonight to loosen the legs. I normally have class, but due to the horrendous weather in Boone this week ASU was closed, so no class...excellent! We met up at the old shop and hit the flat parts of the city loop with some extra additions. The route was between 20 and 25 miles, no idea of average speed or real distance, but the goal was to get out and take it easy since we are racing Saturday. Tonight was one of those nights that makes me appreciate the sport of cycling. Just the idea of being out there in the cold with a like minded friend braving less than ideal conditions feels almost transcendent. We got back to the shop feeling the high that can only accompany a good ride, and made plans for Saturday.

My return home was punctuated by a good meal (whole wheat pasta, snap peas, broccoli, carrots and some various spices).

3 comments:

Erich said...

Food looks good, Barry! I enjoyed the ride, my friend. A PERFECT spin before we become the victims of gravity and friction on Saturday. By the way, we found Lisa's socks! They're in the washer now.

Brad said...

Good luck on Saturday!

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

thanks Brad! I'm ready for summer...Pisgah and BCSP!!!!!!!!!!