Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sunrise Snow Ride

Well, the Wolfpack Classic got cancelled this morning, I called Erich at about 5 to let him know. So...what to do? Lisa had gone skiing all day yesterday up in West Virginia with some classmates and was still KO'd in bed. Lorien was up and hyper, so I knew that I couldn't leave her behind and hope that she would allow Lisa to get some much needed rest. I put two and two together and took Lorien for her first mountain bike ride with me. I got changed up, put her jacket on (yeah, I know, a jacket for a dog...she doesn't have much fur) and we took off for some of the local trails. At first, she wasn't sure what to do, but fairly quickly got the hang of it. She does have the attention span of a gnat though, so any smell or anything odd would distract her to the point of me having to stop.

Unsure of what to do with this obstacle...


I would be trucking along and realize that I didn't hear any jangling behind me. The sequence of photos below illustrate one of these circumstances.




There was one section of trail that she kept stopping at the end of. It took me a while to realize that she really enjoyed it. On one of the loops, we had to stop and go back and forth on this section four times. I guess it was because we were actually moving along at a pretty good clip. The trail dips down towards a creek and follows the bed for a while. The funniest thing of the day was her arbitrary skying off the bank and down into the creek about five feet below. There was absolutely no reason for her to do this, she just decided to as we were moving along. She's a strange dog. All in all we got in about five miles, not too bad for her first time on the trail following me. Hopefully by this summer I can take her on some of my longer rides...that'd be awesome!


Drifting to sleep in the truck on the way home.

1 comment:

coastkid said...

we had a weimaraner in my teens.., such a loving and loyal dog, a great companion, thats great you can go on trails together!