Saturday, August 9, 2008

Drinking the Juice


So the super secret build that I have been hinting at over the last few entries is finally nearing completion. It is a Soma Juice made from Tange Prestige steel. The frame is incredibly light for steel; it weighs 5.05 pounds...not shabby for an XL. The ride should be uber smooth, and if my estimates are correct, the build will likely be a hair under 20lbs when it is finished up. As you can tell by the pictures, I am still waiting on cranks and brakes. I've got a set of White Industries ENO cranks. The jury is still out on what brakes I will run, I might just scavenge the juicy fives off of the paragon and make do with those for now. As for the wheels, they are Stan's 355s laced to American Classic disc/singlespeed hubs. I'm still having issues getting the SMB8s to seal up well as tubeless, so I may swap over to something else here in the near future. Anyways, Thomson masterpiece cockpit, seven bars scavenged off of the paragon, bontrager switchblade carbon, and of course oury grips! I'll post some more pics when it is completed, hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm planning on going up and doing the long loop of Curtis Creek/Heartbreak/Kitsuma/Star Gap/Jarret Creek on Tuesday. Write ups to follow this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!