Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. The camera died after a brief swim in the Little River the other day....


I've been pretty busy lately too, getting back to teaching and all. Last Sunday Lisa and I made it up to Mount Rogers NRA in Virginia for about a 12 mile hike. We hiked Lewis Fork, Cliffside, and the AT up towards Rhododendron Gap and picked some amazing blackberries! I've got some pictures I'll post up when I get the camera back.


Today, I headed out to Wilkesboro to do some trailwork on the new Warrior Creek trail system at Kerr Scott Reservoir. The plan is to have miles upon miles of trail in an area already saturated with amazing trails...This area will soon be a destination spot if the BMCC has it their way! If you head out to Dark Mountain or to the OVT, check out the new sections of trail out at Warrior Creek, help get them pounded down for the 6 hour race in April!


With all the talk of seeing bears everywhere in Pisgah recently, I expect to see these two sometime on Heartbreak Ridge;


No comments: