Monday, January 19, 2009

Road ride to the Shop



MLK day, hooray no school! I needed to make a run by the shop to roder a few things for my mountain bike and to talk to Doug about getting a fit done on the road bike, so I decided, why not ride? It's a nice enough day, low 40's calm winds, and cloudy. I took the shortest route to get to the shop and it ended up being about 10.2 miles, not a bad commute for this summer as long as it isn't too hot. I am realizing that if it is warm, I may want to opt for a slightly different route. Spicewood road could be a nemesis on a hot commute. There are two short hills going to the shop that are short, but steep. The longer one, when looking at my GPS it was registering as 16%, slightly painful!

I got to Paceline without any incidents and hung out for a little while to talk with Van and Curtis. I took a bit longer, more round about way to get home.

Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:19:43
Distance (mi ) 22.27
Moving Speed (mph) 16.8 avg. 37.1 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,839


View Larger Map

No comments: