Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scenic Road Loop


Sauratown Mountain off in the distance


Distance (mi ) 12.60
Moving Speed (mph) 15.6 avg. 35.1 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,055 / -1,087

I had planned on a decent loop on my road bike for today. Lisa, the dog and I all managed to get some kind of stomach bug though and have been passing it around the last three days. So the decent loop became a short loop, because I was feeling kind of weak (well, weaker than normal). I'm planning on commuting to school twice this week now that I have some decent cold weather wear, so I wanted to get out and tool around on the road bike. I haven't ridden on the road since before Christmas, so it was a nice change of pace.

I took my clothing up to the school to drop off, and headed out from there. I spun around some of the backroads around Sauruatown Mountain, and saw one of my 8th grade students using a chainsaw (scary). So I stopped and talked with him for a minute or two and met his dog. I took off down the road about a mile and a half or two and a Boxer (dog, not pugilist) was standing in the middle of the road growling and refusing to let me pass. I turned around and headed back the other way and had a scene reminiscent of American Flyers. "Eddie is a fast sprinter!"

The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful, just a lot of up and down, good scenery and country roads!


Stokes County rolling hills in the foreground, Moore's Wall in the background


Same view, different angle


Hooray Bikes!

No comments: