Monday, May 10, 2010

MNR


Another Monday Night Ride is in the books, and much fun was had by all. I decided to get in a little extra mileage today, so I rode with Erich from his place, which ends up adding about twelve miles total, 40 miles altogether tonight. Anyways, the usual suspects were there along with a few faces of yore (Cam and Cisco). It was good to be out with a very fast crew, but mostly because they are such a friendly crew. Don't let the name, "mafia" deceive you. Anyways, everyone was riding strong tonight, solid pulls and even a few attacks here and there. Once the third lap rolled around I knew that it was Erich's design to attack on the first big climb about halfway up. I had every intent of following him and breaking away, but by the time I caught up to him, I had very little gas left in the tank. The break was over in the blink of an eye because I couldn't help out much. We wound up back in a pack of about six, and took our turns pulling, but had burnt through too many matches to really do much when it came time to sprint. On the way back to Paceline, Cameron led a blistering attack downhill (I wish there was a way to make "downhill" 2 point font). But things were brought back under control by a few of us who were able to just barely bring him back under control. After regrouping at the shop, Erich, Cam and I took off to head home. The dark was just behind us all the way back into town, but it was a good finish to a great ride.

No comments: