Saturday, February 21, 2009

Horizon Park Exploration

This afternoon I went to the shop to work on my bike a little bit and just hang out. My intention was to go to tanglewood afterwards, but when I got back in the car I realized I had forgotten my shoes....idiot! Ran home, got shoes, decided to go to Horizons Park. After riding for a few miles in the park, I got bored with the singletrack, and decided to go do some exploring. I headed out of the park and out onto some roads, spinning like crazy on my singlespeed. Everyone driving past me probably thought, "Why doesn't that guy shift?" Anyways, I found some gravel roads and farm roads to tress...er....explore.....yeah, explore. Along the way I saw some interesting things....

Turkeys in a field, one of which was white?!?!?!
Pilot Mountain way off in the distance


An old abandoned schoolhouse with a note on the door stating the owner would donate the building to anyone willing to move it off his property....interesting.



Sauratown, Moore's Wall, and Hanging Rock off in the distance
I kept seeing this white fluffy stuff on the side of the road, and was confused by it...after thinking about it, and looking around more, I realized it was cotton. Man, I'm a clueless northerner, I guess!

And, some doofus out on the singletrack!





No comments: