Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wild Brookie Scouting

Arwen and I had a mission for the day. Scout some of Stone Mountain's wild streams to see if we could spot any wild brook trout. I loaded up the X and made the drive out, rigged up my vest to my camelbak. I felt like a doofus out walking along the stream with a vest strapped to the back of the camelbak and carrying a big long silver tube (fly rod case). We were scouting an ominous sounding area... Widow's Creek in the Devil's Garden area of SMSP. I didn't see a single soul while I was out, nor did I see any trout...boo! It was a nice day in the woods though, and Arwen snored in the X on the way home.
Widow's Creek

Widow's Creek Falls

Arwen in front of an old chimney in the middle of nowhere. Whenever I see one of these, I always wonder what it would have been like to live in these mountains when the chimney was built. How wild the area must have been 100 years ago.

No comments: