Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flyfishing!



It had been a while since I had been out fishing, and with the weather being so crappy as of late, I decided today would be a good day to break that streak. With rain, and a mid week day off, I knew there would be only a few people out on the stream, and I was rewarded with many fish! I caught probably about 20-25 today in the span of about six hours. I started off really slow, and
miserable in the rain, but once I got the right set of flies on, I was golden. My biggest reward of the day was this nice 15-16 inch brown.

On the way into the park, deer are normally everywhere, and today was no exception. I had Arwen with me in the back of the truck, and normally the ruckus that ensues when dog meets deer is deafening. Today though, was different. This deer was only about eight feet from the truck, and Arwen was just sniffing away wagging her tail. Sometimes, I am absolutely baffled by her personality!

No comments: