Monday, April 13, 2009

Signing Up!

Well, in order to provide some more motivation for longer and harder rides, I've signed up for a few events in the coming weeks. Two road rides, one mountain. I read about a FREE ride in Boone called the Gap Grind (April 25th), and couldn't help but sign up for this one. 65 miles in the mountains sounds like a good day. Also signed up for the RAW in Wilkesboro (May 2nd). 65 mile variety again, climbing in the brushies. So, no, no worries, I'm not turning into euro trash roadie, but I have realized the merit of having/riding/training on a road bike.
The other event that I've signed up for is an event that I've been dragging my feet on. I've been hemming and hawing as to whether or not I would do it this year, but I've got to. So I slapped down the money, in the form of cold hard plastic and bit the bullet. I signed up for Solo at BURN 24 Hour. I was disappointed with my performace last year, had issues with hydration and nutrition. I am vowing to get those problems figured out before the race this year so that I can turn more than 11 lame laps like I did last year. If you're out there, look for the lanky dude on the Superfly, and say, "Hi!"
As a side note, I'm looking to get a ride together for saturday. 6,7, or 8 hours at Dark Mountain, or maybe another big loop around Heartbreak...anyone? Anyone? .....Bueller?

1 comment:

Kip Clyburn said...

Cool, another solo dude! We met one night last year on a Dark Mtn training ride (Cannondale Rush) Next time you are looking to do a multi-hour BURN ride and want company, let me know at kclyburn at charter dot net or post to BMCC forums. I plan to hit several sessions, esp once PMBAR is finished.

Kip