Saturday, April 25, 2009

Warrior Creek




Billy and I were able to make it out to Wilkesboro today to check out Warrior Creek. I've helped work on these trails, but never ridden the full loop, so I was excited to get out there. We met up, and headed on out. When we arrived, we were surprised to see that there were puddles everywhere, then I remembered that last night I had seen some lightning off to the west. The trails were muddier than I expected, but still not too terrible. Overall, I was pretty impressed with the trails, as they get more worn in, and packed down, I think they will be even more fun. Fast, flowy like the OVT but with some tech sections thrown in like Dark Mountain. About nine miles in, Billy's chain broke. I've been so used to riding a singlespeed, that I've stopped carrying a chain tool, and extra links...I'll have to break myself of that habit now that I'm riding gears again. Needless to say, with no tool, and no spare powerlinks, the day was over. Still a fun ride though!


No comments: