Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Night of our Discontent

Not a quiet night last night at the household. At about 3 AM, whilst dreaming away of unicorns, yetis, and the such I awake to a big ruckus. To me it sounded like breaking glass, so of course I assume someone is breaking in to the house. As I start for the bedroom door I grab the BBFK (bedside big friggin' knife) and go tearing out of the bedroom to confront said burglar. No one to be found. What caused the noise? Everything seems legit, so I check the last place, our bathroom. Our suction cup shower mirror had relieved itself of duty, apparently the stress was too much so it jumped. Mystery solved. BUT...the story continues... As I head back into the bathroom the creature of the four legged variety that lives with us was requesting to pee on the lawn. So, I let her out. She was perched atop the stairs on our back deck surveying the lawn when she spots something. She must have hit about one of the eight or nine steps we have as she took off like you wouldn't believe. Once I got my wits about me, I saw that she was chasing this little guy

After two quick rounds of the backyard, the tell-tale shriek of Thumper cried out in the night. Game over all in about fifteen seconds. It's hard to believe this creature is a Ghostface Killah.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Watership Down, anyone?

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

nice reference, I'm not well read enough to have gotten it until I looked it up in wikipedia. Color me ashamed of myself.

cameron said...

i dream about unicorns and yetis too!!!