Thursday, June 24, 2010

Worthless Fishing/Crazy Idea

If there is one upside to not catching any fish while "fishing" it's that you have an overabundance of time to think. While thinking this morning (read: casting, not catching), I came up with a slightly crazy idea. I'm not going to elaborate on it a whole lot. It is a bike ride/race that will be unsanctioned and unsupported. It involves gravel. It involves trails. It involves roads. It will take place in the cooler months, and it involves these:

Creek Crossings from Barry Stevenson on Vimeo.



I've still got some formulating to do, but the ride will best be done on either a cross bike, or a 29er with some cross tires. The route I have chosen will be between 60 and 75 miles.

Some photos along the proposed route.

4 comments:

E-rich said...

was that crossing near Yadkin Islands park? looked familiar. i need a cross bike!!

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

E, I know not of what you speak....

Brad said...

Help you I must, yes.... (think Yoda)

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

The route I've got now is about 12-14 miles of single/doubletrack, 6-8 miles of gravel, one cool surprise (if it works out), and the rest pavement.

We'll have to start doing some stealth scouting soon, Brad.