Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Black Mountain







Curtis and I hit up Pisgah today. The big climb and hike-a-bike may have been a bit too much this close to Boone Roubaix...but...it was SOOO worth it. My new bike came in last night, but I missed it on delivery, so I ended up being out a mountain bike. One may ask, "How then Mr. Cyclist did you mountain bike today?" The answer comes in the form of a borrowed Specialized Enduro from Curtis' new shop Motion Makers. I had an Enduro back in the day as evidenced by my previous post, but this is a new and improved bike. Very cool, and very confidence inspiring on the descents. Curtis was riding a Stumpjumper FSR, and even with an inch less travel, he was still walking away from me on the descents...techy skill! It was definitely a good day on the trails...probably one of the best rides so far this year!

1 comment:

hecklejack said...

Curtis,
I think your boss fit us all up at our training camp. I didn't put two and two together until now. I forget his name, but he was opening a specialized shop in asheville. We got specialized shoes and saddles and they are the best things EVER!!!!!
Hope you are well.

Mark
ps Get on Facebook so I don't have to leave you a message on Barry's blog.