Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Bike Forthcoming

I put in an order with a shop I used to visit from time to time in the Pittsburg area; Speedgoat. They had a frame/fork deal on Salsa Big Mama's, so I decided to plunk down the money and pick one up.

It hopefully should be here in the next week or so. I, thankfully, already have all the parts aside from a seatpost to build this beast up. This will be my first foray into a 29er full suspension, and the first full suspension I've had in over three years. My affairs with full suspension bikes have been love/hate. I love the way they descend, typically am indifferent towards their climbing (gaining traction, but losing efficiency), and then hate the maintenance that they inevitably require. My affairs with 29ers however have been love only, they've treated me well, and fit me very well. I'm excited to see how this bike rides, and may get to test it out in theeeee Pisgah next week if everything falls into place!

Full Suspension History

Bike #1 Specialized Enduro...travel=entirely too much. Fun on the descents, miserable climber. This photo is of me racing in Ohio...on a six inch travel bike...with a camelbak...and baggies...slowly. Wow, really?


Dropping off a flight of steps about 5' to a flat landing.


Bike #2 Cannondale Rush...travel=4 inches. Cool bike that I enjoyed riding, first bike riding in Pisgah done on this bike.



Bike #3 Cannondale Scalpel...travel=3/4 inches. Crazy light bike, much fun, but sold to get another 29er. Probably should have kept this one though for racing.

No comments: