Thursday, March 11, 2010

Special Delivery

I had my first package show up today from Kenda, with tons of cool stuff. A full kit, some tubes, stickers, a pit banner and a set of Kontender 26c road tires. One might gasp at the thought of 26c road tires, but I think they will likely be the weapon of choice in the upcoming Boone-Roubaix, especially if conditions are as piss-poor as I suspect they will be.



I also received this week in the mail, a racing license from the USAC. Since up to this point, I've mostly just participated in local XC and endurance races, I've never been bothered with buying into the corporate-ness that is USAC. Now that my calendar includes road races, (possibly) a SERC race, and maybe even some crits, I knew that it was necessary.

2 comments:

Erich said...

welcome to da club.

The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

congrats on your new license!

wv: vegal