Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Humbled.


Tonight, I got dropped. Dropped bad. But, it was still tons of fun! The crew rolled out of Lewisville probably about 25 or 30 strong. The route out towards East Bend was Conrad>Yadkinville>Taylor>Flint Hill>Mt. Bethel Church>Baltimore. Right about there is where it all got fuzzy, painful, and ended with noises of whimpering from me. I made a pull on Mt. Bethel Church leading towards Baltimore. The last little climb before the turn onto Baltimore, I found myself at the back of the pack. I look up to see a light shining down from Heaven on an orange angel named Erich at the head of the pack. As we make the left onto Baltimore I heard a very distinct sucking sound. The source of said suck, is still up for debate. Suck in my riding/tactical ability? Suck as the pack surges forward away from me? Or, just plain suck? In any case, I see a small gap open in front of the two guys ahead of me. Gap opens further and I'm stuck.

It didn't matter though really, either way I would have been dropped as the pack accelerated to 30mph. My calls of BRAAWAHHH went unheard, and I was off the back. I put my head down and worked with one other dude (thanks Casey) trying to get back on. We were hammering at 25-27mph, but the pack kept getting further and further away, game over. They pulled away so quick that we weren't even sure what route they took at the next stop. So we rolled back Bloomtown to Flint Hill to Conrad. We still pushed at a pretty reasonable pace, and rolled in to have a chat with the other cyclists. I was pleased to see E riding so well tonight, dude got second or third in the sprint...without even knowing where the sprint was. I'm telling you, blog world friends, light shining down from Heaven.

1 comment:

Erich said...

Awesome write-up. Looks like the CLM had a successful night. Whit on the podium at Dixie and us rocking the Tuesday Night Ride!