Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Night Special

Not to be confused with Saturday Night Special, or .38 Special. I hopped on a ride tonight with the guys at Mock Orange. As I am waiting on the curb, my buddy Sean comes rolling up. Sean was my very, very, very first customer when I worked at Paceline under the tutelage of Cameron. We took off with Jay rocking the Kona Ute and Charles his singlespeed mountain bike. This was a good indicator of the style of this ride, flat out fun! Some of the roads that I enjoyed the most were roads that I had never been on; areas around Bethabara and Buena Vista. I snapped just a few photos, and really only two turned out even mildly respectable:



I couldn't help but notice all of the various flowering shrubs and some of the trees are starting to show color. There was more than one occasion tonight that I caught scent of them as well...a welcome sign of spring!

Tomorrow holds what should be a pretty taxing ride with CLM members Chancey and Sirena (possibly others). A modified city loop including repeats on Alamo sounds like a ticket to a sufferfest. Excellent. Also, speaking of sufferfest, a bunch of us are heading up to Boone saturday to check out the Boone Roubaix course. Check back for pics!

No comments: