Thursday, July 16, 2009

Colorado Day 6

Got out into Arapaho National Forest again today up around Fraser and Winter Park. I rode for a little over three hours and got in somewhere close to 28 miles, with maybe, 3500' of gain. I'll have to upload all of the Garmin stats when I get back to my desktop to see what I have done. I got mildly lost at one point, realizing that the map that I have is desperately inaccurate. There were all kinds of trails and gravel roads that aren't listed on the map. I'd love to have more time to just explore to see where they all go. Speaking of exploring, I am constantly amazed at how unbelievable the views are. This is a strong catalyst for doing more riding anywhere in the mountains, be it here in Colorado, or back home in North Carolina!



Making me wish I had brought my flyfishing stuff


Wildflowers everywhere...


Descending on the WTB trail....I have no idea what it stands for

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

worlds toughest bear trail?