Friday, July 24, 2009

First Ride for Chris!


My buddy Chris came into the shop the other night. He had been contemplating buying a bike for a couple of months now, and made the decision to go with a Cannondale CAAD9. I got him set up with some slipless pedals, a helmet, some shoes, and some clothes. He got out on the greenway for a few miles last night to get oriented with the pedals. So, today was his first true road ride. We did about 12 miles in about 45 minutes or so. There were a couple pretty decent climbs on the route; one on River Ridge, and then both ways on Seward Road. I must say I was impressed with his first ride, he's just such a strong dude that he's able to pull off muscling up the climbs.

My new kicks I wrote about the other day


July Totals:
Mileage: 319.9
Elevation Gain: 30606

2 comments:

Eric Wever / Pisgah Productions said...

WooHoo! First ride!

hey, update your blogroll, my new ride log is at ericsridelog.blogspot.com

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

updated!