Thursday, July 30, 2009

Long Dark Mountain Ride!




Just got back from a nice five hour stroll through the woods. About 46 miles and around 6500' of climbing. Much fun! Today reminded me of why I like mountain biking so much. If you've been perusing my blog the past couple months, you might notice a trend towards more road, less mountain riding. I'd kind of been in a slump where I was getting tired of all the trails close to home, so I'd just been out on the road more. I just needed to hit the OVT and dark mountain to reinstate my desire for singletrack.
I was witness to all kinds of wildlife today. Deer, Turkeys, an indecisive squirrel that nearly became the victim of my wheel, Crows, Ravens, a five-lined skink, and a Hawk that flew down the trail in front of me for about 50 yards.
The trails were in great shape, with only a few muddy spots to speak of. Overall, a great ride, I'm spent and it's time for some spaghetti and meatballs!

No comments: