Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wagons West!

Well, long story short, I'm headed to Colorado on Saturday. I'll be there hanging out with Alex and Travis watching them race in the National race. We will have about 9 days there of riding/racing, should be most excellent. So, since the plans were set up a couple days ago, I've been trying to figure out some rides. We'll definitely be preriding the course and all that, but I still want to go out and do some long, brutal rides as long as we are there. I posted up on mtbr in the front range forum and got quite a few responses. If there isn't anything else going on next saturday that I don't know about I have a guide lined up that recently moved there from the Asheville area. I was looking for a route about 40 or so miles with lots of climbing, and amazing views. He said he has a route planned near Argentine Pass that is up near/above treeline...nice!

As I was poking around looking at other blogs, I came across this photo that one of the guys took at a trailhead in the area...nice kitty


Hopefully, I'll be seeing plenty of views such as this...

2 comments:

The Evil MGE! said...

Should be sweet holmes! Hows riding above 12,000 ft on the Continental Divide sound? Then on to Bard Creek where a trail exsists but only by the Cairns that mark the way every two hundred yards or so above treeline. After that on to Georgetown and a tour of some of the old ghost mining towns..with a sick descent through a thick aspen then hardwood tree cover. Bring your legs and money to buy the bottled O2!

The Clawhammer Cyclist said...

Sounds dreamy, just the kind of backcountry experience that I love...

Am I going to want to move there too?