Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wednesday Night Ride/ City Loop

Last night I made it out for the Wednesday night ride at Paceline. The third lap was, I think, the fastest yet! Curtis and I haven't done a night ride in a while, so we decided after the normal ride, we would go out and add on a city loop afterwards. We got back to the shop, strapped on the lights, and headed out. As we left, we took note of the rather ominous looking clouds approaching from the west. We made the call when we got onto Reynolda road, that we'd cut the loop short, and skip the West End (my favorite part), and head back to the shop. It was a wise decision, because on my way home, I started to see quite a bit of lightning. I'm in the process of uploading my GPS stats from the ride. Motionbased is no longer accepting Garmin GPS files, so I have to start using the GarminConnect site. The new site is non-intuitive and does not allow linking to Google Earth...lame!

While I was out in Colorado, a package for me showed up at the shop. I had ordered some Pearl Izumi clothing, along with some new road shoes. The jersey I ordered was entirely too big for me, I usually wear larges, but this one was enormous!

July Totals
Mileage: 308.8
Elevation Gain: 29606'

No comments: